Version 1.0 of 19 February 2019
Who we are
This website is provided by the ITUJ (Institut für Technik und Journalismus) e.V.
The protection of your personal data is important to us. In accordance with the relevant data protection regulations we inform you in the following about the collection, processing and use of your data in the context of our
In the context of the operation of our website (online service) app-check.org personal data may be processed and stored as outlined in the following paragraph for the duration necessary to fulfil the specified purposes and legal obligations.
Processing of personal data and purposes of processing
Within the framework of the use of this service, different personal data is collected on a case-by-case basis for the following purposes:
- Transmission of online content
- Communication with the editorial staff
- Use of the Forum
Depending on the use, the following personal data will be processed:
- Your IP address, which your browser transmits to us when requesting web content (HTTP request).
- Your e-mail address, if you register in the forum, and also the content of your mail if you send e-mails to editors.
- Your username, if you register in the forum
- The content you post in the forum
Transmission of online content
The web space for the online service algorithmwatch.org is provided by the company ALL-INKL.COM, Hauptstraße 68, 02742 Friedersdorf, commissioned by AlgorithmWatch.
For the purpose of transmitting the website you have accessed, your browser sends the following information (as part of so-called HTTP requests):
- Your IP address – a sequence of numbers that identifies your current computer connection to the Internet. It is required for the transmission of the content you have called up. It is stored for three days in the server log of the web host and then deleted;
- the website you have accessed;
- Information about the browser and operating system you are using, such as its name and version;
- and, under certain circumstances, the page from which you came to us (referer Information).
When you contact us by e-mail, we collect the e-mail address and the content of your e-mail. By sending an e-mail to an AlgorithmWatch e-mail address, the user agrees to this use of the data.
The website www.app-check.org contains a forum where you can register and contribute content. If you use the function, we will collect and process the following data:
- Your username.
- Your email address.
Further data may be collected if you choose to share it, such as if you fill out fields on your profile.
We collect some or all of this information in the following cases:
- You register as a member on this site.
- You fill out fields on your profile.
We use this information to make you a registered member of our site, in order for you to contribute content to this site.
Duration of data storage
The general duration of the storage of your data depends on the time of your last visit to our website. The personal data you upload on the forum will be stored until you delete your account.
We regularly delete all personal data within one month after your visit of our website. The personal data required for the transmission of the newsletter (e-mail address, first name, surname) will be kept until your revocation.
Right to object
You have the right to object against the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR if there are reasons for doing so which arise from your particular situation or if the object is directed against general direct advertising or direct advertising tailored to you. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is to be implemented by us without you having to state a particular situation.
All data transmitted by you personally via our website is encrypted using the generally accepted and secure standard TLS (Transport Layer Security). TLS is a secure and proven standard that is also used, for example, in online banking. You can recognize a secure TLS connection by the attached s on the http (https://..) in the address bar of your browser or by the lock symbol at the bottom of your browser.
We use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
Your rights as a data subjects
You have the right to request information about your personal data processed by the responsible person in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information on
- the processing purposes,
- the category of personal data,
- the categories of recipients to whom your information has been or will be disclosed,
- the planned storage period,
- the existence of a right of rectification, erasure, limitation or opposition,
- the existence of a right of appeal,
- the origin of your data, if not collected by the responsible person,
- and the existence of an automated decision-making process, including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information on its details;
- to immediately demand the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by the responsible person in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR
- to request the deletion of your personal data stored with the responsible person in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR if the correctness of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it; the person responsible no longer needs the data but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have lodged an objection against the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to the data controller in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another data controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent once given at any time vis-à-vis the person responsible. The consequence of this is that the data controller may no longer continue the data processing based exclusively on this consent in the future, and
- to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or workplace or at our company headquarters.
If you would like to exercise your rights as a data subject please contact privacy(at)algorithmwatch.org
The ITUJ will endeavour to keep your personal information accurate. If you require access to personal information we hold on you, wish to amend an inaccuracy, or have your information deleted from our files then please contact privacy(at)algorithmwatch.org.
Changes to this policy
This data protection policy is currently valid and as of 19th February 2019.
Due to the further development of our online services or due to legal changes or official requirements, it may be necessary to change the data protection policy.
The currently valid data protection policy of App-Check.org can be found at any time on our website at https://www.app-check.org/privacy
- by Email: verein(at)ituj.org